GIRLS AND WOMEN’S LEAD PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Club: Southampton Football Club
Contract: Full Time
Closing Date: 19th October 2018
How to Apply
Job Title: Lead Physiotherapist Girls and Women’s programme
Department: FDSC – Sports Medicine
Location: Staplewood Campus
Accountable To: Director of Sports Medicine & Science
Accountable For: Casual Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist & Student Placement Sports Therapy Student
Criminal Record Check Required: Yes
Level of Check: Enhanced (children’s barred list)
To lead in the delivery of first class Physiotherapy & Injury Prevention service to all players in the Girls’ and Women’s programme. To work closely with Head of Academy Medical Services and the esteemed Southampton FC Academy medical team to streamline service provision across the girls’ and women’s programme. To develop, organise and implement movement dysfunction screening programmes along with associated pre-activation, pre-habilitation and rehab strategies based on the sports medicine team strategy. To actively contribute in the creation of a medical / science department that is viewed as a centre of excellence in injury & illness prevention, injury management and cutting edge medical and science research and development.
• To lead in the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all girls’ and women’s players. Produce progressive injury rehabilitation programmes for all players you are responsible for based on FDSC principles.
• Organise, develop and implement a comprehensive movement screening assessment of the senior women’s team and girls programme (including trialist’s) based on the FDSC principles.
• Based upon the movement assessment findings, be responsible for the smooth running of the injury prevention programme on a day-to-day basis utilising the department’s physiotherapists, sport science staff & volunteers. Includes daily pre-activation and pre-hab program organisation and implementation.
• Demonstrate interaction with the Academy medical team MDT to provide a holistic approach towards management of the squad. This includes liaising appropriately with coaching staff, sports science staff, and psychology staff.
• To lead the women’s 1st team squad match-day cover and assist the RTC requirements and / or any academy medical matches that are required
• Liaise with club doctors about cover of Women’s senior team.
• Ensure the management of injuries effectively meets its commitments to the players, coaches and senior management through monthly clinical audits/reports and accurate documentation on Sports Office.
• To play an active role within the pre-signing medical of players and on occasions, lead the pre-signing medical of players in the absence of the appropriate physiotherapist when required.
• Oversee a best practice protocol for SFC’s commonly occurring injuries according to the latest evidence in the literature.
• Actively contribute to the department research programme, including the design, collection and evaluation of department research.
• To assist in departmental in-service training programs and lead the development and education of departmental Physios, students & volunteers.
• Assist in the production and maintenance of emergency action plans and department procedures and documents under the direction of the Head of Academy medical services
• Fulfils requirements of governing body for own professional development, note writing, and professional governance.
• Ensure the relationship with children and adults at risk is appropriate and language, behaviour and demeanour is suitable. The Company will expect you to undertake training to ensure an understanding of best practice in relation to children and/or adults at risk.
• You have a duty of care to protect the welfare of children under your supervision by creating an environment that protects them from harm.
• A criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out.
• Ad hoc duties as required by FDSC management.
Experience – Essential
-Managing own patient caseload
– Extensive manual therapy skills.
– Knowledge in delivering the conditioning requirements of the elite footballer.
Experience – Desirable
– Previous experience working as a physiotherapist in an Academy setting.
– Qualifications (incl. certifications) -Essential
– CSP/HCPC registered.
– BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (min 2:1 qualification).
– Have completed or willing to start the “Movement Solution” course within 12 months
Skills – Essential
– Able to communicate clearly in a group / team situation
– Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders including senior management
– Good listening skills
– Meticulous in record keeping and attention to detail
– Ability to multi-task proficiently and manage time efficiently
Skills – Desirable
– Ability to manage own patient lists.
THE SOUTHAMPTON WAY
We are looking for you to show these work based behaviours which match the attributes within the Southampton Way values which are integral to our working culture.
RESPECT & UNITY
• Is willing to listen to others and demonstrate an understanding of others opinions and/or views.
• Works well in teams and shows the willingness to cooperate and contribute in group discussions.
• Open to learning and developing, themselves and others. Shows confidence in seeking advice and support.
• Shows ability to be proactive in understanding tasks and projects that are given by checking assumptions, looking for evidence and sharing information with relevant stakeholders.
• Is willing to demonstrate creativity through the identification and communication of ideas which offer solutions to problems that address specific tasks.
• Can demonstrate a willingness to explore new or alternative ideas. Shows initiative during any task to utilise problem solving skills and consider alternative options.
• Good communication skills both verbal and written, taking the initiative to understand their stakeholders expectations in order to meet them.
• Is clear and concise when suggesting and describing own ideas or opinions with an ability to influence others.
• Willing to speak up and promote own ideas to build confidence in their own views for themselves and for others. Finds solutions to obstacles.
• Responds to plans and tasks proactively in order to get things down without delay. Ability to plan effectively and deliver expectations.
• Shows ability to take full responsibility and initiative to deliver as promised to the highest standard.
• Willing to accept constructive feedback to continuously improve performance for themselves and others.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Southampton Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Manager.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.